Be inspired and become inspiring
We can all benefit from reading inspiring stories, listening to inspiring speakers, participating in and contributing to inspirational events. Being inspired uplifts the spirit, creates hope, increases energy and motivation, and even improves quality of life!
- the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.
“Helen had one of her flashes of inspiration”
synonyms: creativity, inventiveness, innovation, innovativeness, ingenuity, imagination, imaginativeness, originality, individuality, artistry, expressiveness, creative talent, insight, vision, finesse, flair, brilliance.
- a sudden brilliant or timely idea.
“then I had an inspiration”
synonyms: bright idea, brilliant idea, timely thought, revelation, brainwave, aha moment, brainstorm.
Quick tips for finding inspiration
- Get up early and watch the sun rise. Quiet your mind as you take in its beauty.
- Go to an art gallery or museum.
- Connect with nature. Go for a walk. Visit a national park to enjoy the sights, smells and sensations around you.
- Learn something new. Take a class. Read or watch a tutorial, and give something different a try!
- Find a quiet room and make a pretend award acceptance speech, complete with grand sweeping gestures. (No one need ever know!)
- Listen to some music from your formative years. Remember how it spoke to you.
- Read some inspiring articles, or watch some inspiring videos.
- Read some poetry or experimental fiction.
- Look up what new scientific or technological advances people have made recently.
Below is a collection of stories, speakers and other things to look at that you may find inspiring. Please help add to our collection by making some suggestions in the comments section of this page.
We have collected some affirmations recommended by men who have attended Living Well’s drop-in group. Affirmations can be useful reminders that can help set and keep us on course during our often busy and sometimes challenging everyday lives.
Inspirational quotes are thoughtful words that help you to look at things differently, and sometimes to feel inspired to make positive change. A few words of encouragement at the right time can make all the difference. We have collected and included some inspirational quotes and words of hope and encouragement.
Frequently updated non-profit blogs run by organisations and websites external to livingwell.org.au that we recommend.
A blog run that was run by Living Well. We posted hopeful, inspiring and motivating images and stories which are now archived and will continue to be available. (We have since moved our posting to Facebook)
Huffpost’s non-profit blog focused on “creating change:” Causes, social justice issues, actionable news and inspiring stories.
A series of relevant, inspiring and entertaining articles with the aim of raising awareness about healthy masculinity.
Their mission is to advance, educate, and inspire the field of social innovation by seeking out the best in research- and practice-based knowledge
TED is a nonprofit having started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design. Since then its scope has become ever broader. TED believe passionately in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and, ultimately, the world. Following are a few videos that may inspire you:
What inspires you?
We invite you to add your contributions to the comments below. There are countless ways we can become invigorated and inspired by and in the world. Please share your ideas!