From the Oprah website: 200 Men step forward to speak about childhood sexual abuse.
18 Feb. 2011, broadcast on the Ten Network. Shattering the stigma of abuse, 200 men are stepping forward and speaking out—some for the first time—about the trauma of their own childhood sexual abuse in a special two-part episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show. Tyler Perry returns for a groundbreaking discussion on Friday, November 5, and Friday, November 12, as fathers, husbands, sons and brothers open up like never before about the pain of being molested, their anguish about hiding their pain and the many ways in which their abuse has affected their lives and their relationships.
Continue reading about the two day show on the official website, including Oprah’s comment that “In my 25 years of doing this, I’m more proud of these two shows than almost anything else I’ve done in my career.”
- Male sexual abuse survivors stand together Oprah’s article on the above story.
- Sexual abuse information centre A wide range of articles for survivors and supporters.
- Lasting Effects of Male Sexual Assault 200 men discuss how being sexually abused as children has affected their lives.
- First Steps Towards Healing Dr. Howard Fradkin shares ways to cope with sexual abuse.
- How to help your partner cope Dr. Howard Fradkin shares advice on how to help your loved one deal with the lasting effects of childhood sexual abuse.
- Love among the ruins Brave men and their partners share their stories.